1. Cover your wood piece with scrapbook paper using tape, like a present.
2. Place your template on your scrapbook-covered wood and hammer the tacks in half way (it will be easier to rip paper off later).
* Don’t hammer too hard or you will break thumbtacks.
3. When finished tacking, start tearing your template paper off.
4. Then hammer your tacks all the way in.
5. Tie the start of your thread to one thumbtack and start weaving thread between tacks. I did not follow a pattern.
Tips: Choose a color that will stand out from the background. The more you thread, the more your letter will stand out.
5. Tie your thread to a thumbtack when finished so thread will not unravel.
DIY String Art - Museum of Visual Materials
String Art Instructions
wood slice- any size your prefer
print out of a letter for a template
tacks, pk of 100 should be enough OR nails
scrapbook paper to cover your wood slice OR you could use a piece of fabric and hot glue it to the board
spool of thread
1. Cover your wood piece with scrapbook paper using tape, like a prese
March 2, 2023
February 17, 2023
January 5, 2022
May 25, 2021
May 6, 2021
January 27, 2021